Christ the King is the lead school on the Exemplary Leadership Programme working in partnership with St Martin’s Secondary school in Stoke Golding and a team of expert educationalists to deliver an innovative new leadership programme.
It is a programme designed to help school leaders of all settings to build their school leadership knowledge in very specific domains:
- Establishing and embedding exemplary behaviour and an exemplary school culture.
- Working with subject leaders to develop a knowledge-rich curriculum.
- Ensuring that curriculum is enacted brilliantly based upon evidence-informed pedagogy
To find out more information, please visit the following website.
Here is some of the feedback from the ELP delegates:
Lisa Atkins & Rebecca Dowsett – Sacred Heart, Leicester
Rebecca and I enjoyed a visit to see Annie at CtK. As a result, we are reviewing our marking policy and whole class feedback. This was something we looked at a few years ago and it was good to rethink it again. I also considered our pedagogical model in terms of ‘drip drip’ and the impact of ongoing assessment of prior learning. I also took a few photos of displays.
As always, an enriching experience and chance to talk strategy with passionate professionals.
Karen Wavish – Queen Emma’s Primary School, Oxfordshire
Please could you pass on my thanks for such an amazing day in your school last Thursday.
The kindness and generosity shown was incredible – everyone went above and beyond to provide an informative and thought provoking day. The warmth, nurture and focus on learning was palpable.
Thank you once again – a brief summary of my thoughts:
· what incredible children you have nurtured and developed! Respectful, impeccably behaved and courteous.
· thank you Annie and the team for taking time out of a busy schedule to speak to us, share experiences and offer guidance.
· every member of staff we met was so kind and keen to share and celebrate all you do.
· I loved the high expectations – I was blown away by your passion for music threaded throughout your school life and so impressed by their notation.
· I loved your thorough, systematic and well thought out science curriculum.
· Thank you for our pack of useful information – it has all been really helpful.
· Loved the ‘good scientists…’ approach etc.
Thank you once again – so much food for thought and great to see everything we have covered in ELP so securely and confidently in place.
Rachel Tittershill Assistant Headteacher – Firfield Primary School
Just a quick email to say thank you for arranging another inspirational visit to CTK today. It was great to see their curriculum in action and hear from such knowledgeable leaders and staff. So grateful to have been able to visit again! Annie and Kat are always very generous with their time and support. They have kindly agreed for some of our ECT’s to visit too. I have two very excited teachers here tonight!
Thank you for providing us with such great opportunities.
Siobhan Minford Headteacher – Holy Cross, Whitwick
It was a fantastic visit last week. We had access to all of the school, visited lessons, looked at books and saw behaviour across all aspects of the school. Helen and Annie were so welcoming and helpful, sharing resources and talking us through all aspects of their school systems. They also provided a beautiful lunch. It was really helpful.
This is feedback from Lizzie, whose school went from Requires improvement to Good within 6 months of completing the ELP Course.
Initially, going back to the curriculum and really looking for the coherence and ensuring it is there and adapting where it is not; thinking about the impact of story – I will bring this on board next term as I think we will further develop the planning to ensure stories are there; developing deeper thinking and moving beyond coverage; sharing the resources we have seen; I think our curriculum will be in a stronger position because of this work and quality discussion at school.
The journey that schools have been on and the systems that they use; Quality input from Christine Counsell and David Didau; Claire’s enthusiasm for all aspects of the course. I hugely value this course and the impact it is having on myself and my school. I also have found it useful to go back to behaviour during this module (module 2).